Hello everyone and welcome to my Match.com review! Next to eHarmony(our review here), Match.com is one of the largest dating sites on the internet. In fact Match.com not only serves singles within the United States, they also cater to singles living in a total of 24 countries (US included of course) and has websites in 15 different languages. It is this diversity that gives them one of the largest membership bases when it comes to the world of online dating sites.
In addition to their large membership base they also boast a wide of features not found on other dating websites. It should also be noted growing number of Match.com members are people aged 50 and over. This is great news for seniors looking for a well established, trusted website where they too can find lasting, meaningful relationships and even marriage. Let’s dive right in to this Match.com review so we can see how it compares in the list of best dating sites!
- Sign up to Match.com for Free Here! What do you have to lose?
Ease of use Site Navigation, Layout and Design
If you are not new to the wonderful world of online dating then you not have any trouble using Match.com as navigating the site is quite simple. The site is also beautifully designed with appropriate images and graphics. They have also taken great care to make sure that the graphics does not detract from the content on the site. Users; however, who are new to online dating will feel a bit overwhelmed by sites layout and design. The first thing that Match.com showcases is “More ways to meet at Match.com”. This is basically their registration tool and the guide to getting you started. Unfortunately you will need to scroll down before you are able to see the links to the other areas of the site such as: their FAQ section, Dating Advice section and more.
If being present in 24 countries, having websites in 15 different languages doesn’t make you one of the most popular dating websites on the internet then this Match.com review doesn’t know what will make you popular. Match.com currently enjoys a membership size of between 17 million to 22 million. Match.com is clearly one of the leaders in online dating given its wide reach within the global economy.
Founded in 1995, match.com claims to have “inspired twice as many marriages as any other dating site in the world”. In fact Match.com claims to be responsible for more dates, relationships and marriages than any other dating site in the world. With their large membership base that consists of baby boomers, young individuals, Christians, Jews etc, who can blame them, or overwhelmingly refute this claim.
So let’s get into some figures. The Match.com staff calculates that an average of 200,000 people find the people that they are looking for on Match.com. In one year alone they estimate that about 500,000 people were able to find meaningful relationships through using Match.com. Now this is certainly some encouraging figures especially for older people who are seeking meaningful, long term relationships.
How Much Does Match.com Cost?
Sadly Match.com makes finding out their subscription costs as easy as digging for oil. After some digging the closest that this Match.com review could come up with was the following:
- One month = $41.99 per month
- Three months = $23.99 per month
- Six months = $20.99 per months – This package also comes with their Match.com guarantee.
They also have additional paid features that members can take advantage of such as: matchPhone, Highlighted Profile and First Impressions to name a few.
Now this might all sound expensive; however, when you compare the features that this site offers to that of other dating sites you will realize that you get greater value here than most other sites. The six month package is the best choice mostly because it comes with the Match.com guarantee.
There is something for everyone as Match.com offers a wide range of features. Some of their more unique features are:
- MatchWords – This is similar to the keywords that we use when searching for information using your favorite search engines. Just create a list of keywords that you want to search for and match.com will do the rest. They will even send you some of the popular MatchWords that have been recently added to help you get started.
- Lack the time to actually search through profiles yourself? Don’t worry; Match.com Platinum will assign you a personalized, professional matchmaker to do the searching for you.
- MindFindBind with Dr. Phil – If you really need assistance in jump starting your online dating experience, then you can be a part of Dr. Phil’s exclusive monthly program. This program will walk you through how to get your mind ready for a date, how to find that special someone and how to bind/bond with them as time passes by.
Match.com Review Conclusion
- Sign up to Match.com for Free Here! What do you have to lose?
Match.com truly is one of the go to online dating sites for anyone who is looking for a serious relationship and even marriage. They cater to young people, seniors, gays(link to the top gay sites), lesbians(link to top lesbian sites), Christians(best Christian dating sites), Jews (Jdate) and to people in other geographical locations. After all people outside of the US are looking for love as well. With their large membership, unique features and affordable packages there is literally no reason to not give this website a try if you are serious about finding love. Additionally there is literally nothing to be afraid of because of their Match.com guarantee – if you don’t find someone special within 6 months of using the site they will give you an additional 6 months free. Who else can make that promise? I highly suggest you check out some VS articles such as zoosk vs match, Chemistry vs Match, Match vs PoF, Match vs OkCupid or eharmony vs match! Well that is all everyone for my Match.com review, I Hope this article helped you choose the dating site that is right for you!
- Match.com has a cool 6 month guarantee. Basically this means that if you do not find someone special within 6 months of using the site they will give you an additional 6 months free.
- They offer wireless dating with Match.com Mobile
- They have a cool keyword search tool called MatchTalk. MatchTalk makes it easier for you to find someone who shares your interest or meets your criteria
- They have a free monthly magazine called Happen, “because love doesn’t come with instructions”. This free online magazine provides advice on dating, relationships, sex and romance amongst other things
- Lots of members
- You are not able to see the subscription costs unless you register with the website
- The profiles on match.com vary a lot (some people spent time on their profile and some did not). This means that you will have to spend more time during the communication process in order to learn more about someone
- Because they have so many members sometimes it takes a while for customers service to respond to all complaints
- Crowded interface
- Match.com staff has to review all profile changes